Wednesday, October 10, 2012

DIY Magic Bean Bag!

I recently switched offices at work, and my computer monitor is at a different height. My neck hasn't particularly appreciated the switch, although my posture is far better than before. I'm a big fan of trying to avoid pain meds unless I really need them, and the aches I've been experiencing feel a LOT better after a hot shower. In my office, those magic bean bag thingies are very popular. It was late and raining the other night, when I came home, desperate for something.

Enter in the easiest DIY possible. All you need is a sock, and some beans/lentils or rice!! I have a lot of socks, and found a knee high sock in my missing sock bag (the bag for socks who've lost their mate, somehow, in their laundering journey).

I had an assortment of dry beans in my pantry. I'd say I probably used two cups worth, and poured them into the sock. Knotted off the open end, and that's all there is to it!

I nuke the sock beans for 2 minutes on high, in the microwave with a mug of water. I read somewhere that the beans might smoke if they get too dry. Carefully take the sock out of the microwave, shake it up, and melt your aches away!!

Don't laugh, it's a horrible photo! But it feels so good!
I tie the sock around my neck like a scarf. Jakob says it feels like a warm hug. He is right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment