Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Night

Bliss is coming "home" to a little girl who smiles at the sight of your face. Being told that she saves her biggest smiles just for you, and getting to hear her beautiful, angelic babbles. She is feeling so much better today, I can feel we are close to going home. For real, this time.

I am grateful for all the incredible people I have met over months we've been here. I can't believe it is April 1st. APRIL. I knew, back in December, that it was very likely we would be at the hospital until E's birthday. I can't believe it's been that long, what a journey.

Yesterday was my one year anniversary of being admitted to Women's for the duration of my pregnancy. In the last 365 days, we've spent 186 days at the hospital. Almost exactly 50% of the year, six months. I have friends who have been here a lot longer, and I've heard of children being here, in the ICU, for years. 

In the grand scheme of things, it really isn`t so bad. We have E`s whole life ahead of us, a whole life of time to experience new things, to show her the world outside of these walls.

DH and I are so blessed to have our littles.

No comments:

Post a Comment