Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The moment I click into this website, my chest constricts. I don't know how it happened, I hate it. I miss what this was. Incidentally, I've already filled sixty pages in my pretty new journal, and my hand no longer cramps when I am writing.

I came on here to record that Ellie, finally, finally rolled all the way over. She's been able to roll from tummy to back for ages, but she hates hated tummy time, and refused to roll onto her belly. On Monday, Ellie did it. She rolled, and kept rolling, until she was seven feet from where she started, and I was jumping up and down, clapping like an excited three year old, tears streaming down my face. I can't tell you how amazing it was to see her do it. To see her smiling, with complete pride. That's my girl!

We may not need the standing frame anymore. I've ramped up our daily physio time, and she's spent a lot of time on her feet, holding on the the couches. She is solid. She learns so quickly. I thank God everyday for growth hormone therapy. I'm sure it's made a huge difference.

As for growth, we measured and weighed her tomorrow. Her birthday measurements, since I won't go in on Sunday. She weighs 5.95kg, or 13lbs3oz, and she is 61cm, or 24". She is still growing a centimeter every two weeks, right on target, perfectly on schedule.  In the past year, she has gained 4576 grams or 10lbs3oz, and grown 21.5cm, or 8.5".

I'm working with my good friend Kathy, of Veil, on a short video segment about Ellie's journey, about our experience with PWS, and to raise awareness of PWS and the One Small Step walk in August!

I need to make room on my camera to take some photos. Ellie's hair is long enough for tiny pigtails. They make my heart explode with their cuteness.