Saturday, April 7, 2012

Magical

Today was magical, and I didn't take a single photo. Today was one of those days where a photograph wouldn't have done the me prices justice. DH and I agree, it was the best day we've ever had as a family of four.
This morning, I got up with Ellie. She fed at 7:30am, and just as she was finishing up, J woke up and came to snuggle. The three of us lay on the couch, under a blanket, pretending to be camping. DH joined us shortly after, and we had a relaxing breakfast. We took turns getting ready, dressing up the kids in their Easter outfits and showing Ellie around the house.
We put some furniture into storage, along with boxes, and I did a happy dance at having space on our landing again.
Then, we headed to the IL's, to spend the afternoon outside.
J played with his cousins, while Ellie explored the grass, saw a cat and a dog for the first time, sat in a tree, and watched bubbles float around the yard, and up into the sky.
When I say I didn't take photos, I mean I am so glad I was present in the moment to hear the glee in Ellie's squeals, as I ran with her around the garden, chasing her brother. None of us had ever heard her laugh so much, or marvel at so many things. She napped, on my lap, attached to her bipap, and it was DOABLE!! She played with her cousin, made everyone laugh, and excitedly watched hockey. She ate dinner, no fuss. I had so much fun Easter egg hunting, playing trains, make believe and castle wars outside.
As we left for home, the stars sparkled in the night sky, both kids went easily to sleep, and we are left feeling fully blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment